Remember When?

by Ed_Cooney 23. September 2012 06:21

Remember when you had to go to the bank to deposit a check or get cash?

Remember when you had to actually lick a stamp and mail your bills?

Remember when you had 5 days of float when you wrote a check to the opposite coast?

Remember how cool it was to visit something called an ATM and it would magically spit out money?

Remember when you had to wait in line at the grocery for the person in front of you to write a check to pay for their purchase?

Remember when Julius Caesar’s face was on coins?

Remember when you hated to miss work on Friday because you wouldn’t get your paycheck until the next Monday?

Remember all those statements in your mailbox?

The rapid pace of new technology is changing how we live. Banking is changing. The way we use money is changing. Fifty years ago who would have thought about paying with plastic or depositing a check with a phone.

We’re already “texting” people money. Paying with a virtual wallet on a smartphone is around the corner. Fifty years from now? Who knows?

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

1/5/2017 4:43:00 AM #

This paragraph gives clear idea in support of the new users of blogging, that in fact how to do running a blog.

bed credit car finance United States

1/5/2017 6:33:27 AM #

Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.

car loan United States

1/5/2017 6:50:24 AM #

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

loanacar.altervista.org United States

3/16/2017 2:55:57 AM #

It's fantastic that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our argument made here.

audi a5 United States

4/15/2017 2:39:28 PM #

My family members every time say that I am killing my time here at web, but I know I am getting knowledge daily by reading such pleasant articles or reviews.

BHW United States

6/8/2017 1:35:29 PM #

This is why, it'ses a good idea to know the filled cushion utilized for your beddings and pillows. Experts of carpet cleaning in Murrieta share standard guidelines on the best ways to tackle these procedures.

Luxura cushion pad United States

6/10/2017 6:44:12 PM #

Require time to maintain a regular routine for your hair care. When the body experiences tension, it produces a hormonal agent called cortisol. The towels' ability to absorb the moisture and water off the skin so rapidly is unexpected.

Luxura best tea towels United States

6/16/2017 7:53:44 AM #

To say it all their designs can easily be tailored. Yes, sadly we remain in a "fend-for-yourself" world and having your very own travel pillow simply makes good sense. There are numerous techniques to avoid natural snoring.

Luxura pillows United States

6/16/2017 9:26:34 PM #

No matter the type of bed you sleep on, safeguarding it with some type of covering is a prudent relocation. More and more people today utilize their bed as a relaxing point for enjoying tv or reading.

Luxura mattress United States